LinkedIn is used by professionals worldwide to connect with other professionals. Some call it Facebook for Business, and it’s the world’s largest professional network with millions of members and growing rapidly. Among its many benefits:
- Establish your professional profile and control one of the top search results for your name.
- Build and maintain a broader network of professionals you can trust.
- Find and reconnect with colleagues and classmates.
- Learn about other companies.
- Leverage powerful tools to find and reach the people you need.
- Tap into the knowledge of your network.
- Discover new opportunities.
LinkedIn’s basic setup is similar to a standard social media profile, but with more focus on your professional resume than your personal one. You essentially enter your work history, education, skills, and everything else that sets you apart as a professional. From there, you can search and connect with others in your field, others you’ve worked with in the past, and everyone else you’ve ever crossed professional paths with. It’s the perfect place to make meaningful business to business connections without even having to leave the office, and highly recommended for anyone looking to grow their business and/or professional portfolio quickly.